Born at Poovathussery on 25th of February 1921, After finishing successfully the High School studies at St. Aloysius High School, Elthuruth, he had his college education at St. Thomas College, Trichur and graduated in 1943 from the Madras University. He had his ecclesiastical studies in the Papal Seminary, Kandy and was ordained priest on 6 May 1950.
He was nominated the first Bishop of Palakkad on the 20 June, 1974, while he was the Vicar General of the Eparchy of Trichur. He was consecrated Bishop on the 8 September 1974 and took charge of the Eparchy on the same day.
He was a simple, humble and zealous pastor who went about “loving and serving”. He built up the diocese with a vision and taught by his example to be holy and happy.
He retired on 6 December 1994 and died on 23 August, 1997.