St Thomas Benedictine Monastery Kappadu
- Name of the Monastery : St Thomas Benedictine Monastery Kappadu
- Founder : Three monks from Asirvanam Monastery, Bangalore
- Founded On : 20th January 1988
- History :The monastery was founded in the diocese of Kanjirappally, in 1988. The monastery was raised to the status of an Abbey in 12004 and Fr. John Kurichianil was consecrated its first abbot in the following year. Subsequently it established foundations in the diocese of Pala (Maryland), in the Archdiocese of Thalasserry (Karivedakam and Mandapam) , and in the diocese of Kothamangalam (Elamdesam). Apart from its four foundations, Kappadu also runs a good boarding for the students of St. Antony’s Higher Secondary school, Anakkallu.
- Office Bearers :
- Fr John Kurichianil (Abbot / Superior)
- Fr Jinto Mylammoottil (Prior)
- Fr. Reji Edavazhickal (Procurator)
- Daughter Houses
- The Monastery of the Mother of God, Maryland
- St. Johns Benedictine Monastery, Karivedakam
- St. Basil’s Benedictine Monastery, Mandapam
- St. Ephrem’s Benedictine Monastery, Elamdesam.